MSNBC cancels ‘Hugh Hewitt’
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
MSNBC has canceled conservative host Hugh Hewitt’s show:
- During the final segment of the Saturday, June 30, 2018, show, Hewitt announced an “important programming note.”
- “This has been the last Hugh Hewitt Show on MSNBC Saturday mornings,” he said.
- Hewitt’s and his show are known as one of the few Donald Trump-friendly voices on MSNBC.
- Hewitt noted that his remaining with NBC and MSNBC as a contributor and will continue to appear on MSNBC and “Meet the Press.”
- Hewitt’s show used his prominent glasses as a primary graphical element.
- The show has been suffering in the ratings, frequently being trounced by “Fox & Friends Weekend.”
- Hewitt attracted controversy after it surfaced that he lobbied the EPA to clean up land near his California home.
- MSNBC announced at the time he was given a verbal warning “as such activity is a violation of our standards.”