‘Riverdale’ producers issue statement on Luke Perry’s death
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- In the statement, the show’s executive producers praise Perry and his work ethic.
- The show is still airing its third season.
- The third season is also still in production, but has since been put on hold after word of Perry’s death.
- “Riverdale” was renewed for a fourth season Jan. 31, 2019, before Perry’s stroke, and there is no immediate word if the show will proceed without him.
- For the past two seasons, the show has premiered in mid-October, so assuming it is following that same schedule, Season 4 would debut sometime in October 2019.
- The series is based on the Archie Comics universe, with K.J. Apa as the namesake Archie Andrews.
- Perry portrayed Archie’s father, with his mother, Mary Andrews, played by Molly Ringwald.
A statement from Riverdale’s executive producers, Warner Bros., and The CW. pic.twitter.com/1YNhbaupHv
— Riverdale (@CW_Riverdale) March 4, 2019