Texas anchors walk off set in midst of shooting confusion
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
- How it started: Shots first rang out on Interstate 20, which connects Odessa and Midland, during a traffic stop conduced by police.
- Rampage continues: The shooting continued along 42nd street, which is nearby I-20 and runs right in front of Music City Mall.
- Why the station was affected: KOSA has its main studios in the mall.
- In the middle of the story: The station was on the air covering the story when word came that people were running through the mall.
- Panic and confusion: Although it is not believed that any shooting happened in the mall, there was mass confusion following the incident.
- Better safe than sorry: Anchors walked off the set and the station aired dead air along with the two shot of the empty set.