The new digital series NBC started with Ari Melber
MSNBC and NBC News Think have launched a new series fronted by “The Beat” anchor Ari Melber.
- The digital series, entitled “Mavericks,” is focused on field reporting on the world of culture, passion and independence with some of the biggest names from music, film, television and more.
- The segment sprouted from the success of the “#FallBackFriday” segments on “The Beat,” the daily show Melber hosts on MSNBC.
- In the segment, celebrities, politicians and more come together to decide who needs to “fall back” each week.
- The premiere episode features an interview Chloe Grace Moretz about succeeding in Hollywood at such a young age, why fear can be liberating and the feminist lessons in the horror classic “Carrie.”
- The next edition will feature comedian and “Saturday Night Live” cast member Chris Redd, according to an NBC representative.
- You can watch the first episode of the show here.