Trump praises Alexander Acosta’s ‘Hispanic-ness’ — after a supporter suggested CNN’s Jim Acosta is ‘hiding’ his
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Donald Trump praised outgoing labor secretary Alexander Acosta’s Hispanic heritage when speaking to the media Friday, July 12, 2019 — months after one of his supporters and former staffers took issue with a CNN correspondent with the same last name and heritage.
- During the press Q&A, “…he’s Hispanic, which I, which I (sic) so admire, and maybe it was a little tougher for him and maybe not…” Trump said.
- Back in January, former White House assistant Sebastian Gorka took to Twitter to make sure everyone knew that CNN’s Jim Acosta is Hispanic.
- In the a series of tweets, Gorka pointed out that Jim Acosta’s real name is “Abilio James Acosta.” “Jim” stems from a childhood nickname.
- Gorka appeared to suggest that Jim Acosta was trying to “hide” his Hispanic heritage.
- Interestingly, Alexander Acosta’s full name is “Rene Alexander Acosta” — which means he obviously goes by his middle name as well.
— TVNewsMix (@TVNewsMix) July 12, 2019