Vanna White’s stint as host of ‘Wheel of Fortune’ starts Monday
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- White normally spends most of the show at the show’s iconic puzzle board — touching the pressure sensitive border of the screen to make letters appear and clapping as the wheel spins.
- Back in November, “Wheel” had to cancel a taping because Sajak was taken to the hospital with intense stomach pain.
- He later underwent surgery to repair a blocked intestine.
- After it became clear Sajak wouldn’t be returning right away, the show ask White to step in.
- White said she was terrified by the idea since should need to be keeping track of three contestants, plus scores and other gameplay elements.
- “I’m busy with my letters and my puzzle board,” she added, laughing. “I mean, I’m hearin’ him, but I don’t really pay that much attention,” she told ABC.
- White will appear as host on three weeks worth of episodes.
- Like many daily game shows, “Wheel” typically tapes five episodes (a week’s worth) in one day and films twice a week.
- Assuming “Wheel” kept its taping schedule the same, that means White hosted for five episodes taped on the Friday after the show canceled its Thursday tapings and then ten more episodes taped the following Thursday and Friday.
- Because of this output level, the show is typically able to get far ahead of the episodes airing daily, hence why it took a month or so for White’s appearance to air.