24 hour weather network WeatherNation will no longer be available on DirecTV:
- A statement issued by WeatherNation did not elaborate on the reasons why DirecTV is dropping the network.
- The same statement directed fans to watch via the network’s website or streaming apps and integrations with OTT boxes — as well as competing cable or satellite providers.
- WeatherNation is also available over the air in both the network’s home market of Denver and select other markets, typically as a digital subchannel.
- The network runs on a “news wheel” format that typically runs in three hour blocks that are updated eight times per day.
- WeatherNation is widely seen as an alternative to The Weather Channel, but with a stronger focus on weather forecasting as opposed to reality and long form programming and personality-driven shows.