HLN announces anchor change, new show for daytime
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
HLN has announced another series of changes to its programming lineup.
- Lynn Smith, currently anchor of “Weekend Express” will take over “On the Story” from noon to 2 p.m. eastern.
- “On the Story” will lose an hour to make room for a new show.
- Mike Galanos will anchor a new show called “True Crime Live” from 2 to 3 p.m.
- These changes become effective March 11, 2019.
- In addition, HLN also announced Susan Hendricks will take over Smith’s spot on “Weekend Express.”
- In October 2018, HLN canceled “Across America” with Carol Costello, “Michaela” with Michaela Pereira and “Crime & Justice” with Ashleigh Banfield.
- With that move, “Morning Express” and “On the Story” expanded to fill the empty slots.
- Hill was eventually named permanent anchor of “On the Story” after the network rotated through a series of anchors, but moved to CNN in April 2018.
- The network moved to taped programming after 3 p.m., a model that will remain in place after these latest changes.
- TV Industry News
- Broadcast Engineering News
- Broadcast Design News
- TV Talk Shows
- TV Syndication
- TV Advertising
- TV News Jobs
- TV Industry Mergers and Acquisitions
- TV Anchors
- Cable News
- Late Night TV
- TV Syndication News
- Broadcast Industry News
- TV News Drone Journalism
- TV News Augmented Reality
- TV Weather Forecasting
- TV News Journalism
- TV News Ethics
- OTT News
- News About NBC
- News About CBS
- News About ABC
- News About CNN
- News About MSNBC
- News About Fox News