NBC installs giant peacock in Rock Center for streaming service investor day
In preparation for its upcoming streaming service Peacock’s investor day NBC has installed a giant peacock “topiary” in Rockefeller Center.
- The installation appears to soar to at least three stories.
- It’s worth noting the peacock is more of a realistic interpretation of a peacock — rather than the simplified six feathered version the network uses at its logo.
- The “feathers,” however, are shaped and arranged more in the style of NBC’s logo.
- The peacock appears to have a green body with blue and green feathers — also more traditional peacock colors as opposed to the six colored version in the network’s logo.
- Peacock, meanwhile, will hold an “investor day” Thursday, Jan. 16, 2020.
— Claire Atkinson (@claireatki) January 15, 2020