Starbucks adds oat milk latte, ‘creamer’ option at select stores
As oat milk continues to become more and more popular, Starbucks will give the “creamer” a try at some of its stores.
Read full story »
- 1,300 Starbucks in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin are serving a new oak milk honey latte as of Jan. 7, 2019.
- Oat milk will also be available as a milk or creamer substitute, subject to any applicable upcharges.
- The demand for oat milk has grown impressively from 2018 to 2019 — and continues to show signs of growth as plant based food as a whole becomes more popular.
- However, oat milk still only represents a small portion of non-cow milk sold, with options such as almond, soy or coconut being more popular.
- Shifting consumer tastes have also put a big dent in the sales of cow milk.