Teen who ‘paid it backward’ at Starbucks after surgery wins big thanks to Ellen
A suburban Chicago high school student won big as part of Ellen DeGeneres‘ partnership with Starbucks.
- DeGeneres and her “Ellen Presents: The Starbucks Ellen’s Starbucks Rewards Surprise Contest,” which is a partnership between Starbucks and “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” challenges people to “pay it forward” at Starbucks.
- 16-year-old Brynn Drews had her wisdom teeth out earlier this month and wanted to stop at Starbucks on the way home.
- She remembered DeGeneres announcing the contest and decided to “pay it backward” and pay for someone in line behind her.
- As the teen continued to recover, her family recorded the effects of the medication from the surgery wearing off.
- The video went viral and caught the attention of DeGeneres.
- Now, Drews is the recipient of $10,000 plus 10,000 Starbucks Rewards stars (that’s enough for 200 brewed coffee or tea drinks or above 66 handcrafted beverages).
- She also her expenses covered to travel to California and appear on “Ellen.”