Wendy Williams called out for making fun of Joaquin Phoenix’s appearance
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- Earlier this week, Williams made fun of the “Joker” star’s lip, which she apparently thinks is cleft.
- During the segment, Williams also inserted her finger in her mouth like a hook on “The Wendy Williams Show.”
- Phoenix has never addressed the appearance of his upper lip, so it’s not clear if he is affected by a cleft.
- Williams apologized to the cleft community on Twitter, adding that the show would be making donations to two organizations that advocate for those with the condition.
- Superstar Cher, meanwhile, took to Twitter saying the apology wasn’t enough — and other celebs chimed in as well.
. @Bighill44 We’re thinking about Beau today as he is in surgery. I want to apologize to the cleft community and in Beau’s honor, our show is donating to @operationsmile and @AmerCleftPalate and encourage our Wendy Watchers to learn more and help support the cleft community.
— Wendy Williams (@WendyWilliams) January 16, 2020
DOES AN APOLOGY MAKE UP FOR THIS pic.twitter.com/Su0OHB8hTG
— Cher (@cher) January 16, 2020