Wendy Williams called out for making fun of Joaquin Phoenix’s appearance
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Wendy Williams is under fire for making fun of actor Joaquin Phoenix’s lip.
- Earlier this week, Williams made fun of the “Joker” star’s lip, which she apparently thinks is cleft.
- During the segment, Williams also inserted her finger in her mouth like a hook on “The Wendy Williams Show.”
- Phoenix has never addressed the appearance of his upper lip, so it’s not clear if he is affected by a cleft.
- Williams apologized to the cleft community on Twitter, adding that the show would be making donations to two organizations that advocate for those with the condition.
- Superstar Cher, meanwhile, took to Twitter saying the apology wasn’t enough — and other celebs chimed in as well.
. @Bighill44 We’re thinking about Beau today as he is in surgery. I want to apologize to the cleft community and in Beau’s honor, our show is donating to @operationsmile and @AmerCleftPalate and encourage our Wendy Watchers to learn more and help support the cleft community.
— Wendy Williams (@WendyWilliams) January 16, 2020
DOES AN APOLOGY MAKE UP FOR THIS pic.twitter.com/Su0OHB8hTG
— Cher (@cher) January 16, 2020
- TV Industry News
- Broadcast Engineering News
- Broadcast Design News
- TV Talk Shows
- TV Syndication
- TV Advertising
- TV News Jobs
- TV Industry Mergers and Acquisitions
- TV Anchors
- Cable News
- Late Night TV
- TV Syndication News
- Broadcast Industry News
- TV News Drone Journalism
- TV News Augmented Reality
- TV Weather Forecasting
- TV News Journalism
- TV News Ethics
- OTT News
- News About NBC
- News About CBS
- News About ABC
- News About CNN
- News About MSNBC
- News About Fox News