‘Jerry O” is a no go for Fox
Fox’s test run of Jerry O’Connell’s talk show apparently didn’t resonate with viewers.
- Fox has reportedly passed on O’Connell’s show, titled “Jerry O’,” after its three week trial over the summer.
- Although O’Connell pal and exec producer of the show Wendy Williams initially announced the show was officially done on her own talk show, she was forced to issue a hasty clarification saying the show isn’t officially dead.
- Essentially, the show is, at least officially, still be shopped to see if anyone is interested in picking it up for a full season.
- That said, getting the pass by Fox doesn’t spell good news.
- Williams’ own show started as six week trial that segued into a full time gig.
- Some sources had speculated that Fox and even Williams were hoping O’Connell’s show would be a hit so that it could become a natural replacement for “The Wendy Williams Show” when it ends.
- However, “Wendy” was picked up through the end of the 2021-2022 season, it was announced Monday.
- Williams did announce that O’Connell will continue to appear on her show as a sort of “west coast correspondent.”